Posted by Admin on Wednesday, Feb 09, 2022
What is Document Management and How Can It Help Your Business
We’ve covered the topic of Document Management Solutions (DMS) over the years, but there’s been a lot of terminology used in the information management space, so it can feel overwhelming when you first dive in. With so much ground to cover, here’s a brief explanation with the most common and essential industry terms be helpful.
What is Document Management?
Document management is the method of better managing files and documents to improve efficiencies, share and secure information faster while reducing costs associated with maintaining paper and digital filing systems. Document management services include document scanning, document conversion, content and data capture, cloud-based or in-house document management software, workflow automation software, and integration with your line-of-business software or network.
Anywhere Access with Cloud Document Management Software
Technological advances have led people to not just demand but also expect instant access to documents and information, wherever they are. Cloud document management systems meet this challenge by providing secure access to critical documents from your iPad, iPhone, or Android device. You can securely save, access, share, and process the documents you need whenever you need them. Document level access, user rights, and administrative settings are carried through to these devices, ensuring security while you work, no matter where you are.
- Better manage and control your documents with access level privileges, functionality controls, audit trails, utilization reports, and security logs
- Leverage your software investment with built-in scalability for unlimited users and projects
- Easily enforce centralized document storage and indexing to ensure version control
- Retrieve and share documents in seconds from any computer or mobile device
- Streamline processes by seamlessly integrating with your line-of-business applications
- Meet regulatory compliance guidelines more easily
- Reduce labor and real estate costs, and mitigate risk
Informa Software IQmfp Document Management Software Solution
The human custodians of all that paper were subject to making errors – commonly referred to as “misfiling.” A document placed in the wrong file, or a file shoved
The best document management software is the one that meets your needs and fits your budget. That’s why we partner with leading document management software companies to bring you your choice of in-house, cloud-based or hybrid solutions. No matter which you choose, all of our software is secure, affordable, easy to learn, quick to deploy, and can be integrated seamlessly with your current line-of-business applications for improved efficiency and profitability.
What Benefits & Features Does Document Management Solutions Typically Have?
There are some key features that document management should include:
- Document security of document management software should provide security features such as access level privileges, functionality controls, audit trails, utilization reports and security logs
- Audit trails provide a log of who accessed and/or changed what and when, creating visibility and accountability
- Disaster recovery with cloud document management software reduces your organization’s risk by ensuring your digital and scanned documents are safe and secure. You’ll have access to all of your business documents, even if you don’t have access to your office
- Mobile capability allows you to securely save, access, share and process the documents you need from any mobile device
- E-forms (or web forms) are forms designed, managed, and processed completely in an electronic environment eliminating the need for paper and manual data entry
- Check in/out ensures that only one person can work on a document at any time, eliminating the guessing game of which version of a document is the most recent
- Annotations allow you to make changes or additions to a document using sticky notes, a highlighter, or other electronic tools. Document images or text can be highlighted in different colors, redacted (blacked-out or whited-out), stamped (e.g. “FAXED” or “CONFIDENTIAL”), or have electronic sticky notes attached. Annotations should be overlaid and not change the original document
- Version control gives you the ability to identify the authorship and the sequence of different versions of a document
- Integration with software you are already using is essential to eliminate manual data entry and increase productivity
- A digital signature is an electronic signature that can be used to authenticate the sender of a message.
Ready to Connect?
Fill out the form, stop by, or give us a ring!