IQmfp (Informa Software’s ImageQuest Document Management Software)
What is IQmfp?
IQmfp is our Premiere Document Management Software Solution. Published by Informa Software, IQmfp is a Full Featured Solution that includes Capture, Ad Hoc Document Routing and a Secure Document Repository. These three components are typically separate packages with other software makers.
Capture, Index, Store, Retrieve, Route. IQmfp enables your business to implement a document management solution that’s affordable, powerful and very user friendly. Informa’s document and content management solutions allow you to get more from your scanner, MFP or networked copier at a price you can afford… without burdensome complexity and costly support.
What are the Benefits of IQmfp?
- Escape the problems associated with paper filing, lost or pulled files, needless photocopying, and other costly paper-processing challenges
- Easily categorize and index scanned, faxed or other electronic documents
- Conveniently look up and retrieve documents using Web-based search from any PC on the network
- Integrate seamlessly with the network to improve the efficiency of your entire organization
- Respond immediately to inquiries and be more responsive to your customers
- Greatly increase your employee productivity and efficiency
- Free up staff time for other important tasks by almost 50%
- Enable employees to more effectively organize, distribute, and share information
- Reduces costs related to storage and free-up valuable office space
- Help ensure compliance with government regulatory requirements
- Protect against potential loss and damage caused by natural disasters
- Enhance information security
What’s so Special IQmfp?
- Native integration with HP LaserJet MFPs and Scanjet scanners
- Easy installation, configuration and operation for all user capabilities
- Relational database is more powerful than cabinet/folder/file structure typically found in low cost filing systems
- OCR with full text search and indexing for accurate retrieval
- Ad-hoc workflow for routing and approvals
- Complete document history logging
- Security based upon document type, user or role
- Also supports existing copiers and scanners using scan to network folder
What is Included with IQmfp?
- Integrated with the HP MFP front panel
- No middleware required
- Simple yet powerful user experience
- Built on Microsoft .NET Architecture
- Wizard based installation from one CD
- Individual document or batch scanning & indexing
- Images stored as industry standard PDF files
- View, print, email or fax retrieved documents
- OCR / full-text document search
- Customizable SQL database
- Saved SQL queries for rapid search
- User & document type level security
- Supports Windows Active Directory or non-AD peer-to-peer networks
- Simplified document routing and workflow
- Complete document history tracking for regulatory requirements
- Index editing and annotation
- Access documents via Web interface
- Windows client interface for power users
- Link to store files from MS Office applications
- Use Windows “Send To” functionality for any other file types
- Built-in database & image backup
- Export selected groups of documents to folder for output to CD
- ODBC data lookup for easy indexing
- Easily scalable from one to hundreds of users
- Folder polling for capture from non-HP devices
- Store email & attachments from MS Outlook
- Archive faxes using optional IQfax LANfax application or Captaris RightFax connector
WhWhat do I need to do to back up IQmfp?
It is recommended using a third party backup utility such as Symantec’s Backup Exec software and backing up the following:
- The IQmfp images directory (default location is C:/Program Files/Informa Software/ImageQuest/Images).
NOTE: To verify the location of your IQmfp images directory, open IQadministrator and select “Manage File Storage” for the Storage location.
- The IQmfp SQL database including the full text catalog. Keep in mind that the SQL database files will be in use and the SQL services must be stopped if you intend to backup the raw SQL files.
NOTE: The SQL server could be the IQ server or a separate server on the network.
- The IQmfp WebServices directory (C:/Program Files/Informa Software/ImageQuest/WebServices).
Ready to Connect?
Fill out the form, stop by, or give us a ring!